I know the present pandemic isn’t quite over, and for many, it has brought a whole new normal. I grow angry at those who perpetuate the fear, and I am broken-hearted for those who have lost so much. I neither trivialize nor magnify this crisis. I live with precautions; yet, I absolutely refuse to live in fear.
When I am surrounded by media outlets constantly trying to manipulate the masses to think a certain way, or even act a certain way, I have red flags and sirens immediately go off inside my mind. I stop, watch intently and listen beyond the headlines. I read more, seek more and yes, even pray more to find the absolute truth not the perpetuated and opinionated half truths/half lies.
So, with all that being said, I’d like to tell you what I have learned during this 2020 pandemic… (These are in no particular order…just thoughts brought from heart to pen and paper.)
1. There are many things in life which I thought I needed, and I have found I can live without.
2. There are many things in life which I thought I needed, and I have found I was right.
3. You can confine and restrict, but the old adage stands true, “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”
4. School can be cut out from the children, but they will learn in more way than you first realized.
5. Even in brokenness and poverty, kindness can override…and the opposite is also true.
6. Even in health and prosperity, selfishness and hatred can thrive…and the opposite is also true.
7. We all need our friends and our support systems.
8. We all need our downtime and to be alone with our thoughts.
9. If you are always the smartest person in the room, Leave. You’re either not as smart as you think you are, or you’re not surrounded by enough challenging people.
10. Your wellness and happiness does not depend upon your wealth, your posterity, your location nor your relationships
…neither does it depend upon your poverty, your failures, your content nor your friendships… but these all (good and bad) can make a defined difference in your life, your destiny and in your legacy.
11. Some people are angels, no matter their circumstance.
12. Some people are devils, no matter their circumstance.
13. It can be very comical what people will buy in a panic.
14. It can be very heart wrenching what people will need in a panic.
15. People are resilient when given a chance to choose.
16. People are assiduous and persevering when left without an easy alternative.
17. Our older generations are valuable, genuine and full of tenacity.
18. Our younger generations are cherished, authentic and full of vigor.
19. People who have determination and purpose can thrive in adversity and in abundance.
20. People who live in fear can be controlled by those who appear to have the confidence to give direction.
21. People who live in doubt can be contained by those who appear to know the answers.
22. If you can believe in the Creator of this universe, He will give you hope, grace and peace like you’ve never seen.
23. God is God, and His name will be glorified in the good, in the bad, and yes, even in the ugly.